General camel Riding Instructions
- The camel is a lovely and tame animal, however, certain care must be taken and instructions observed to make your ride as comfortable and safe as possible.
- While getting on the camel, please lean back and make sure you are comfortable in your saddle.
- Hang your backpack on the saddle knob.
- When the camel stands up or sits down, lean back again and hold the reins (mori) tightly.
- Always hold the reins when riding, as you will be rocked gently back and forth.
- When turning right pull the right rein gently into the right direction, when turning left pull the left one to the left.
- For galloping pull both reins together slowly and give the camel a slight kick on both sides with your legs.
- To make the camel stop pull both reins backward quickly.
- To make the camel sit down pull both reins and mouth the word “Jhe Jhe”.
- To get it walking again just pull the reins up again.
If you wish to receive a demonstration of the above before the start of the camel trip, please do not hesitate to ask our trained drivers. Never provoke a camel or give it any kind of food.
Guests are never left alone throughout the whole camel ride, hence do not worry too much. Our experienced ‘Camel men’ are always there to guide and help you.
What To Bring With You
- A hat, cap or turban
- Sunscreen and sunglasses
- Long-sleeve cotton shirt, long and airy cotton trousers, sneakers or other type of solid shoes. Remember, the sun is very strong in the desert
- Cameras or your Mobile camera
- Toilet paper and towel
- Diary, pen, a book to read, cards or other games
- Medical kit ( in case of need )
- In the winter season warm clothes for the night
- A big smile and positive attitude
Food and mineral/filtered water will be provided at all times. We only use filtered water when preparing meals. All food is vegetarian and freshly prepared for you.
You do not need a sleeping bag as you will be given clean bedrolls, which will keep you warm and protect you from the sand. Remember to keep the desert clean and never leave any rubbish behind.
Please feel free to inquire about cheaper safaris, however, when comparing prices please bear in mind the quality of service we are offering. We can guarantee the freshest food ingredients, clean water and bed rolls. Our safaris are as authentic as they can get and the routes are totally non-touristic; therefore, you are unlikely to meet other tourists.
The Agency will not be responsible and liable for any problems associated with the consumption of alcohol or drugs during the trip.
In the event of cancellation 18 hours prior to departure, you will lose 50% of the total fee, should you cancel less than 18 hours prior to the trip 75% will be deducted.
In the event of postponement due to sickness or any other reason, you will be charged Rs 850 and any unscheduled pick-up trips of our Jeep will be charged at Rs 1,000.
It is not allowed to leave the camp during night time.
Please note that the Fifu Camel Safaris agency does not accept responsibility for any adverse weather you might encounter during your safari.